We all know what to do to keep skin looking it’s youthful best, but what about the do not’s? There are many common skincare mistakes that most people don’t even know their committing.
Here are 5 commonly made mistakes that might actually be harming your skin.
- Only using sunscreen in the summer. Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean that the sun isn’t beaming down those harmful UVA and UVB rays. Excess sun exposure leads to wrinkles as well as sun damage like hyperpigmentation and sunspots. Swap out your current facial moisturizer for one with a strong SPF and effortlessly save your skin.
- Thinking sunglasses are strictly for style. Sunglasses protect your eyes and eyelids and can help prevent fine lines from forming around your eyes, like crow’ s feet. Sunglasses that are labeled with UV protection are a big plus as well!
- Rubbing your tired eyes. Think of the skin around your eyes like an elastic – the more you tug, rub, and wear, the looser the elastic gets. Try to refrain from this and use products to protect this delicate skin.
- Forgetting about your neck, chest and hands. Other than the face, these are the areas that can really show a woman’s age. Anti-aging serums, creams and SPF are a must, as are the rejuvenating treatments available at our office such as microdermabrasion, chemical peels and photofacials.
- Messing with your sleep schedule. Some experts say that during deep sleep periods – like the REM phase of sleep – your body can focus on deep healing. Having a consistent sleep schedule can insure your body has time do to this; it really is beauty sleep!
Unfortunately, these tips can’t reverse pre-existing damage, but MCH Laser and Wellness can. Photofacials, MicroLaserPeels, chemical peels and microdermabrasion are all excellent solutions to renew, resurface and rejuvenate.
To find out which procedure is right for you make your free consultation today by calling (432) 640-6470 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.