The winter season can wreak havoc on your skin with the changes in weather and indoor heat, leaving skin dehydrated. Dehydrated skin is dull, dry and thirsty for some water. There are a few things that you can do at home to ward off itchy scaly skin.
We recommend the following:
- Drink a lot of water. Be sure that you are getting your 8 glasses a day!
- Moisturize your skin; less oil is produced in the winter, resulting in dryer skin. Adjust your products accordingly.
- Wear an SPF daily in addition to your makeup. Sun damage happens in the winter, too and over 90% of facial aging is due to sun exposure.
- Don’t over dry your skin with a hot shower; keep showers short and use warm water.
- Take your vitamins, especially Omega-3, and eat a balanced diet. The fish oil keeps your skin luminous from the inside out.
In addition to caring for your skin, a visit to MCH Laser & Wellness Center can keep your skin looking hydrated and luminous. The use of microdermabraision treatments in the winter can exfoliate dead skin and keep the skin fresh and radiant. Microdermabraison gently exfoliates the upper layer of the skin and also stimulates the skin to make collagen. It diminishes fine lines, sun damage, acne scars, and enlarged pores. Microdermabraison can also be done on other areas such as the neck, chest and hands. After one treatment your skin will thank you!
Schedule your free consultation today by calling (432) 640-6470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.